Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday's List

Let's see if I can get any of the following done today:

1. Sunday School lesson - On Trials and Temptations
A trial is created or allowed by God to strengthen us in faith and advance our spiritual growth. A temptation is a solicitation or enticement to evil that comes from the devil and his demons. God always gives us a way out of temptation. He helps us grow close to him in trials.

2. Laundry - check

3. Winter/Summer clothes exchange (attic) - Yes!

4. Bathe and groom Oscar - Oscar is all clean, clipped and pretty. I can't do toenails. Every time I do toenails I get the 3rd one in the quick. And by now he knows it. Everything else he loves or tolerates well, but not toes.

5. Walk Oscar (thereby also getting my Fitness Minutes) - 2 five-minute short walks; this afternoon was still too hot so we will try to go around 7:30. It's 4:42 now. At 7:00 we got in 20 more minutes. I have 199 minutes (or miles) this week. Maybe I'll get that Route 66 cup this month!

6. Ironing maybe 3 pairs of my pants - I did! Five pairs in fact... While I ironed I listened to the 50th Birthday CD I made for Sher. How can I listen to this? I love it - it brings back all kinds of memories now, not only of celebrating 50 years of Sher's life for her birthday, my little sister, and how much I love her, but putting this CD together, sitting here in the den crying over pictures I put with the music, the music itself, the memories, but also telling Teri I could not just send it to her. So Teri says, well, we'll just take it to her. We'll. "I'm right behind you, win or lose, forever young." Right behind me all the way. With me, always. Every song now reminds me of Teri, too. Our wonderful trip and the great time we had flying to San Antonio, being with Sher, doing everything we did, listening to Rod Stewart and other old records in Sher's living room floor, crying over the birthday CD the first time Sher saw and heard it, River Walk, Teri meeting her high school friend Sue there, flying back home with another bundle of sweet memories. "Fairy tales do come true, it can happen to you, if you're young at heart..." My sweet girls.

7. Organizing hall closet - Didn't get this far.

8. Going through books and maybe discarding some - Nope.

9. Back bedroom closet - shoes! - Nada.


10. Lunch and/or supper - Lunch from Sonic - Cheeseburgers, really healthful. I got these on my way back from Wal-Mart, picking up some MSMA for Paul for the yard. He had his own lawn care challenges this morning. At 8:00 he left going to Jonesboro to get a leaf blower and a weed eater. (W-M didn't have what he wanted.) Both of his old ones were worn out. When he discovered he didn't have any weed killer, he asked if I'd be interested in going to Wally World for some, so I did. And that's ALL I bought!! For supper, I warmed Paul some of Thursday's supper (white beans, corn, chicken tenders, slaw) and I ate a couple of tenders.

11. Reading my book (The Quiet Game) - I did, then did #13 in the big recliner.

12. Sitting in the back yard with a cup of tea - Didn't do this...

13. Taking a nap... See #11.

Oh, these were supposed to be chores. I've gone off into quietness and solitude on these last 3. Is that allowed?

Okay, up and at 'em! Will see how many I actually get done!

Quite a few - more than I'd imagined. A list helps. I used to keep detailed lists all the time; maybe I should start again. (I worked a lot on this entry; I could have had that tea, but this is almost as good...)

Other things I did, not on my list: Took scraps behind the fence for the feral cats; swept up Oscar's hair from the garage floor; washed some plastic containers and put other dishes in the DW; talked to a lady from our SS class who called me, saying she may not be there tomorrow because she isn't feeling well. (As I walked O tonight, so tired I started to turn around and come home, I thought of her and decided I was really able to walk after all. She is in a wheel chair.) Then I took a nice shower and put on some of the Hummingbird Farms Lavendar Lotion I ordered Bren and me last week. It smells so good and she loves hers.

A leaf blower, a weed eater, a clean dog...






A good day.










No comments: