Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday's Warm-Up

Not only do I have to recover from the weekend and my list of things I actually got done, but I have to warm up in this office today! I'm tellin' ya - the cold literally hurts my aching muscles, so I've been sitting here by my trusty little heater with my fleece jacket wrapped around me. After this and the two Advil kicking in, I almost feel human again. It just takes a while to get started.

On our walk this morning (again, the cool, crisp air was great, but it hurt my aching self), a lady down the street was watering her flowers. She has three hummingbird feeders in her front yard and I asked her if she has had any hummers. She'd had one so far. Years ago, we had several around our feeder, I told her, but none since. I have talked to this woman in passing before but today I asked her name. It's Rachel, her husband is Dennis, and their children are Emily (who has a Shih Tzu puppy), Cody (who is handicapped and catches the first school bus) and Zack, who catches the bus in front of Virginia's. They're from Pennsylvania. This morning when I was getting my Journey magazines ready to mail, I thought she might enjoy one. So I'll pick up another one and take to her, along with a copy of the church bulletin and maybe Home Life or one of the children's magazines. I wonder how they came to be in Arkansas from Pennsylvania? She said she misses the little finches they had there. Occasionally you'll see a few, but most of the birds in our neighborhood are doves, jays, blackbirds, robins, a few hummingbirds.

By the time we got home, I was in a cold sweat - from the cool air, and also from the sore muscles. It's pitiful to be sooo touchy! Thank goodness for Advil.

And after I got to work, I had email from Linda from Friday. I didn't see it before I left, so I answered her this a.m. She wrote back and said she was waiting for Richard to get there. They're going to meet some friends who are "flipping" lake houses. Interesting. Evidently she was flying out the door as she typed, because I had Questions that didn't get answered! I guess they'll have to wait!! We girls plan a trip to visit her June 16.

No comments: