Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Mama the Princess



Mama and Steve are on their way to Tupelo for her 12:30 appointment with Dr. Hill. After a call to Bren and some research on the internet, I learned he is in the same group as Bren's doctor (confirmed this), and have his picture. I've prayed Ephesians 3:14-21 for her, gave her that Scripture this morning, prayed it for her doctor.



I know Mama has several health issues right now and this is the very most pressing one - blocked arteries in her legs and a leaky heart valve. I hope that what the cardiologists in Tupelo may be able to do for her will help her breathe. It takes so much energy to be ill, and even more if you don't have the oxygen and the blood flow necessary to keep your body going. I pray they will be able to do whatever they can to make life more comfortable for her, less painful physically, and therefore, in a better emotional state. She is a strong little lady with a great sense of humor and just keeps pluggin' along. ("I can't just sit down," she tells me, when I fuss about her rolling her garbage can to Mike's house. For now that's as far as I can tolerate her taking it. There's an incline up the drive to the road where the truck comes by, and she just can't be rolling it up there.)



After the disappointing consultations and treatment she got in Corinth last week, I'm praying the staff in Tupelo will be respectful of her age, health, distance from their facilities, and give her all the courtesies they would wish to have, or for their own parents to have. From what I've heard, they will treat her like a princess. She deserves it.

No comments: