Thursday, December 07, 2006

This Time of Year

This last weekend was the one year annivesary of our last trip together, when Paul and I met Teri and Richard in Branson. Saturday I nearly knocked myself out staying busy - Sunday School class party, inspiration to decorate, shopping for the decorations (a pre-lit tree), and getting picture copies made of the class party and the Women's Christmas Banquet November 30. I had to stay busy. I drove from place to place and listened to Sarah McLachlan's Christmas CD "Wintersong" and tried not to think too deeply about how time has passed, how much Teri suffered, how much had changed, how I'd changed.

December 5, 2006, was the day she found out about the tumor - glioblastoma multiforme.

December 9 was her surgery. Paul and I went to LR and waited with Richard and the family.

By Sunday evening I had a scratchy throat and stayed home Monday. Tuesday I took the pre-lit tree back to Wal-Mart.

No comments: