Friday, November 10, 2006

I Didn't Forget...

It was a good thing I didn't slow down yesterday, Teri's birthday.

What I wrote to George Ann and her reply..

Me: Yes, I had my crying spell this morning before I came to work. On her birthday last year, she and Richard, Paul and I ate at Colby's then we went to their house and I gave her gift to her. It is a strange feeling, but although she isn't here, she is here in so many ways. I'm not the same - she gave so much of herself to me (and so many others) and God has helped me know that every day in such little ways. It's hard to explain. I have lost part of myself, yet gained part of her.

GA: That is a lovely way to say that. She would be proud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've wondered how she would have been if it had been me, but I don't wonder for long. I know she would be the same as I am.

No comments: