Friday, November 03, 2006


More Beauty

At lunch today I went to McD's, old standby burger and fries, and drove the loop around by Norma's house. Someone was behind me so I didn't get to look at the trees and her house as well as I wanted to, couldn't really slow down to gaze. I drove on to the hospital grounds and parked by the small lake there, water sparkling in the bright sun. People were fishing and there were ducks in the water, and a duck hen and baby ducks. I walked toward the duck family, breaking up a piece of the bun and tossing it to them and she caught on soon, nibbling them up the crumbs. Her babes stayed all together behind her a ways and didn't try to follow. When I got back to the truck, they had started waddling up the hill. When I drove back to work I saw a man walking across one of the doctor's parking lot with a camera, headed toward a stand of flaming trees. He had a better shot than I did, driving and trying to take pictures from the moving vehicle. A really blessed break in the day.

No comments: