Friday, September 01, 2006



Therapy

Playing with clay is inexpensive therapy! I can hardly wait to get to the studio on class days! Tuesday I threw three pots; last night only one. We had to stop to go watch a video, which helped, because when I returned to the wheel, I could pull up the walls much easier! Next week I think we will begin trimming what we've done - I have six total. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out, especially the glaze - I'm really excited about that. I look at Sher's bowl here on my desk that she gave me (Raku) and wonder if mine will look anything near as good as hers. It isn't so much strength, although that certainly helps, but it's "finesse" and a graceful touch. I tend to get in a hurry and want to finish it all at once, but it is a slow, graceful process and I just have to learn the feel of the clay, the best hand positions for me and relax! These are my first two I did.

No comments: