Friday, December 21, 2018

CHECKING IT TWICE

I have to have a list to function properly.  So far I've been to the 20th Century Club girls' lunch, book club party (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn), delivered Amy's gifts to my Sunday School class, and we went to Shiloh's 3rd birthday party.  This week the only thing is taking Oscar to vet to check his eyes.  And Char is coming this afternoon.

I've been tinkering with my old JV boombox trying to figure out why the CD player has quit.  It's only 23 years old.


So Oscar's eyes are better - he is "tearing" much better because of the eye drops.  His Cushing's is unchanged. 


Charlotte and I had a great visit and plan to have more to have devotionals.


I found someone in Rienzi (not terribly far from here, near Corinth) to look at the old JVC.  After Christmas.


Only 2 gifts remain undelivered - Paul's Duluth Trading shirts and a Bonnie Tyler I got for him since the one he had is lost and there are a gazillion I'd have to check the cases for double occupancy. 


Today I'm working on a sign for Sher's Welcome Home/Happy Retirement. 


I made Earline (Char's mom in assisted living) a pillow case.  Will try to get it to her by New Year's Eve. 


Leah was here today to clean, which is always wonderful.  I keep up laundry, bed changing, what bit of cooking I do, the pets. But thank goodness for her doing the vacuuming and mopping! 


But sleep... last night was pretty good.  Night before was wonderful because I took medicine for it.  I just don't like to every night.  When I get up my neck hurts so bad - arthritis - Paul can massage it and I nearly come out of my skin.  And it makes me feel so weak. 


I AM thankful for just being able to sit here and do this blog.  Work on a poster.  Make a pillow case.  Get ready for Christmas.  But, oh, how wonderful it would be to feel like me again - regular old tired, not tired all over 90% of the time.  Fibro.  Blood pressure.  So much stuff in the brew that I swim around in.  But God is good.  I choose to believe that.  Everything may not go just like I want, but He is unchangeable and I can depend on His provision. 


So Paul reminded David and Tommy to wear their red checked shirts Tuesday.  One of them missed it last year.  But they look so "cute" - three brothers in their red checks.  My contribution is Powell's sausage which we have plenty of.


Hopefully Amy will be here Sunday.  We're supposed to go to Mike and Marsha's for Christmas lunch and give the kids their gifts.  I ordered a smoked turkey breast to take.  Pick up Saturday evening.  How does that work?  Surely not heat up.  I don't like the taste of heated poultry or really any kind of meat. 


So a few pictures of the last few days.  I need to have many more printed as I've been doing.  I haven't in some time.  Just haven't taken that many photos like I used to.  Soon be time to have this little book printed, too.


Thanksgiving 2018

My beautiful Amy - and Dexter!


Sherron's retirement party December 7, 2018 at the Pentagon.  So proud of my sister.










Shiloh's 3rd birthday party.  


The quilt I made her.  She has a sister on the way; I think I know what I'll use for that quilt.


Had no idea what Baby Shark was - a cartoon show kids watch now.  


Our tree we I finally got up.
Borrowed from Erica - Odin wasn't sure about Santa!

But Kiley was okay.

Tuesday, a little shy.

Xander wanted absolutely none of him!

Lucy enjoying the clamshell quilt and tree.  Neither cat bothers the tree.

20th Century Club party at Lil Smokies.


Items we brought for women's shelter.

All but Sandy and Cindy were here.

Of course we had to have some fun with it!




Did get the captions on!


No comments: