Monday, October 29, 2018

BLOSSOM

My latest Farmers Wife block is Blossom.  There is one more "B" block - Bride - I think I'll do then rest from that a while and work on my scrap quilt.  But the little 6 1/2" blocks are so hard to put aside!  Each is like a puzzle, and I love choosing the colors.  I think - I hope! - it keeps me thinking well!


We took Oscar to the vet today to see about some funny looking polyps or growths on both of his feet.  He keeps licking them till they bleed, especially the right one, which is larger.  So she's taking them off Friday.  She'll also check his eyes because one has changed shape (which I'd noticed - it's the cloudy part in the middle of his eye and has elongated).  Eyes are not weepy or red which is a good thing.  But keep using the drops (and new gel form) in both eyes.  Bless his heart.  She didn't like the looks of the polyps and said they may be malignant.  I won't worry about that today.

Thanksgiving soon, and it will be at her and Billy's house again.  This is the 4th year I think for this new family tradition.  Love going out to their house with all the family.  Sher may be here Thanksgiving night and asked me to save a plate for her.  

Tomorrow the dentist for me - I called to change the plan - so I'm having one crown prep tomorrow, then have both permanent crowns put on at the same time. Maybe that'll save me some time in the chair.  It is wearing on an old body and soul.

Brenda posted they have corn meal they'd have at the Market on November 10; I asked her to save me 4 bags - I'm getting a couple for Sher.  She said there's plenty and I could get them sometime.  I wondered if Jim would do meal this year and glad he felt like it.  Has been taking antibiotics for a lung infection for several weeks.

No comments: