Saturday, October 20, 2018

BEA - FARMERS WIFE

I finished Bea today - I'd kitted it up back in the spring and put it aside for other projects: baby quilts, Charlotte's quilt, tissue holders.  Now free time.  I started Farmers Wife 2 1/2 years ago!  Love it - like a puzzle; love choosing the colors; printing; perforating seam lines.  I could be making huge block quilts but this is what I do.  It's just fun (and sometimes frustrating) for me.

The first layout - but I couldn't not make it fit together right.  It looks right here, but when I started sewing there were gap spaces in some of the edges.

I took all the paper off, looked at Gnome Angel (should have done first) and ironed it all back on.  Then I followed her instructions on how to sew.  (Not like the assembly in the book!)

This doesn't agree with how the pattern printed (see pieces above).  Anyway, I got it done.  I'll check with Gnoma Angel before the next one goes together.  She has great instructions.

And she's done.  


So now I'm going to print out the next one - Belle - and it uses only two fabrics.  Think I'll use the "muddy" butterfly fabric I used for Charlotte's quilt, and yellow also from her quilt.  (Different shade than this.)  I may never finish it, but it's fun trying.

I've pulled a muscle in my side and it hurts like the dickens; been taking Advil (been warned about it - kidneys - but what do you do when you have dull stabbing pain and can't sleep?) I'm pretty sure I did this helping poor little arthritic Oscar onto the couch in the sewing room.  And I was sitting down; I can't pick him up.  Just turned the wrong way.  

Paul and I ate at Outpost last night just over Pickwick Dam.  Since we were there they've added a mill, a road around the back of the restaurant and some other enhancements.  It's a nice little place.  I had cheeseburger and it is probably as good as 5 Guys; Paul had patty melt, and we shared a piece of wonderful, moist strawberry cake.  

No comments: