Wednesday, August 01, 2018

OUR FIRST GMC

Paul got this really bad fever and it resulted in this!
With Josh, our salesman, who delivered the truck, after Crossroads Chevrolet went to Enterprise Alabama to pick it up the day before (7/31).

Happy as a kid with a new bike at Christmas. "Anything with wheels."  I'm amazed at how much he knows about vehicles.


 Oscar wanted to go for a ride, too. He approved.



First time driving it.

And what I've been doing for "relaxation" and fun. 2 1/2 inch square with my GO Cutter.

I wish I'd given more thought to the "pattern," but I'll sash 3 or 4 rows of 3 blocks each and each block has 36 little patches.  Saw some on Pinterest.  Anyway, it's a learning process, and fun.  It just kills my neck, so I have to rest and use Sports Cream.
Our wonderful supper tonight.  Fresh peas and sweet corn, fried green tomatoes, cornbread.  The tomatoes are fresh too, from Country Boy's down the highway.  Just can't beat this kind of meal.


My experience yesterday at the dentist.  I learned it didn't chip a filling; I chipped a tooth.  So we decided to go ahead with crown prep and the hygienist took my blood pressure.  Four times.  It was too high.  So had to reschedule and won't be till 8/29.  I'll have something to relax this time. Ridiculous.  Hard living in a bubble. I'd already taken 2000 mg of amoxicillin and will have to do that again on the 29th.  

So I thought I need to go ahead and have my cholesterol re-checked for cardio Dr. Johnson.  Had blood drawn this morning.  In May it was 213, which isn't real high.  But I guess with everything else - BP spikes - already taking BP meds - what can one more pill hurt - and maybe it will help.  And maybe my cholesterol has come down.  Can hope.  

I just don't know how all this happened.  And my ears ring and my head has felt "foolish" as Goobie used to say.  Not dizzy as in vertigo, but unsteady as in sinus problems.  I think that all started when I started using the Dreamwear CPAP and it is much less annoying, but I think there's something about it doesn't agree with my sinuses.  The air.  Pressure.  Something.  Plus I have a deviated septum which (of course) closes up when I lie down.  Just can't get it all worked out.  Getting old is not for sissies.  (Bette Davis)

So I'll go stand in as hot a shower as I can tolerate without burning my old skin, and see if it will help this hot spot between my shoulder blades.  

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."  Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust - my devotional topic on YouVersion for the next few days.  (App)  He knows all things.  I pray for wisdom.  I just hate to run to the doctor when there is hardly anything I can take, not much that will help long-term.  I know how Mama felt when I'd tell her to go have such and such checked out.  Bless her.  I miss her so much... Think about her so much...  September 1 will be 11 years since she went to be with the Lord.  I haven't seen my Mama in 11 years on this earth...  And 31 since Goobie died.  So much older than me then.  I'm gaining on them, Lord willing, and thankful, but sure understand more.


No comments: