Tuesday, August 14, 2018

OH, THE HUMIDITY, THE HUMIDITY!

I've had considerable sinus and ear problems the last few weeks... Vertigo, unsteadiness, ringing ears, fullness as in swimmer's ear, popping, chirping.  There's been a symphony going on and it isn't pleasant.  But it's somewhat better.  Last week I went to ENT doctor (Peery) and got prednisone pack and antibiotics.  The cpap mask doesn't help - every morning my ears feel full.  Flonase seems to make it worse for a while, till afternoon.  So, I take my ears back in another week to see what he can tell me. And he told me to try gingko biloba for the ringing, Shead Clinic in Memphis recommends this, although there is no cure.  It's from some hearing loss.  You get to have a shrill sound to replace what you cann't hear.  Doesn't seem quite right.  Not proven, but we'll see.  

Dentist for cleaning today.  I also have to look forward to the 29th for crown prep on a tooth I broke off a couple weeks ago.  "We" attempted to start when I went to see about it, but my bp was too high.

But in the meantime, my latest projects:

I was going to leave it like this, with sashing...  All the blocks are 2" finished.  I cut most of them with my GO Cutter, which was fun.

But decided, what's the hurry?  So I'm working toward this... sashing, cornerstones, three borders, one of which appears to be about 184 2" (finished) blocks (the blue strip).

And this needs to be done immediately.  Sherron's birthday gift - cushion cover.

Measure twice cut once.  In my case, it'll be measure about half a dozen times, cut once (hopefully).  Woe is me in math.

No comments: