Thursday, July 26, 2018

CHICKENS AND KITTIES

Jess and husband Jae have been on vacation this week and I (mostly me) and Paul have been letting her banty chickens out to roam during the day and calling them to their pen in the evening.   Her tomatoes have ripened and we've (Paul) watered and gathered a few.  Her kitties (Bonnie and Clyde) have been under our watch, too.They act as if they're starving; I'm probably feeding them too much.  But yesterday evening was the first day there's been food left in their bowl.  I'll miss them and hope I get to "farm" again sometime.  I especially like this little girl with fluffy head dress of pretty feathers.  She's curious and friendly while the others are just lackadaisical.  They all sound comforting with their little bwock,  clucking, soft and low.  

Love this one! 



Sad about losing people - family and friends:  First cousin Gene Thorne (Spencer's youngest); Willadeen Thorne (no direct relation, but member of 20th Century Club), Lynda Phifer, Brenda's cousin Bobby's wife.  Live every day for the Lord, in His watch care, be content, help others, enjoy life, be thankful... We went to Gene's funeral yesterday in Corinth.  I just remember him as teenager when we would stop to visit Slip and Reba on our trips home from Arkansas.  I never would have recognized him.  Two brothers, Sammy and Wayne, are left.  

Paul is mowing the yard; it grows so fast - we've had more rain this summer than I remember in a while.  Everything is so pretty and green.  And he traded his F150 for a Chevy Silverado, to be delivered once the dealer (Lynn Layton, Decatur, AL) receives it.  He'd said he would, but this was a little sooner than I expected.  Like he said, "It's only money.  Enjoy things while you can."

Wednesday Mike called and asked if I could take him to Booneville to pick up his diesel log truck at repair shop.  I was glad to, though I told him he was scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Made it fine.  Had lunch at McDonald's.  Adventure for me.  Good to spend time with him.

Morgan has to have surgery for her chiari condition, September 26.  After many tests, the doctor (in LR) told her it was worse than he'd thought.  She has no spinal fluid flow to her brain.  I don't know how that works, but she's had severe headaches for a long time.  

We're supposed to go to Ricatoni's this evening with Tommy, Carol and Marianna, in Florence.  Italian.  Good food.  last time Paul and I went I asked our waiter to please turn the volume down on the music.  It was thumping loud!  My head and innards don't handle that well.  

David and Sandra are in Houston for his check up; be back tomorrow?  Maybe today.  Hope he gets a good report.  He has every time so far, though the tumor had not shrunk the last time (May).

I've had vertigo a couple of times, resolved pretty quickly with meclazine and exercise.  My head feels stuffy today, but not dizzy.  I think it's sinus related - too cool at night, plus that CPAP machine!  

Hair cut at 1:30.  This weather has made curls where I didn't know I had curls, but it needs trimmed.  I've noticed in the shower it doesn't seem as if I'm losing as much as I was.  

Maybe i'll get in the sewing room a bit today, but there's so much "needs" done.  I take it by little jobs, little motivations... FlyLady has helped!

And these cuties!  Benjamin and Heather's babies, Tuesday and Xander...






No comments: