Tuesday, July 29, 2014

AFTER ONE MONTH

Dr. Johnson seems okay with my progress (visit on 6/24), assured me the cough will go away, my diaphragm will get stronger. I'm almost, but not quite, back to feeling as well as I did before the ablation. He wants to wait until September visit/check-up to start taking me off the med(s). I asked him which would be first to go. "The flecainide." I almost shouted! Instead, I said, "Great! If I ever have to take med again for this, I prefer it not to be flecainide. It interferes with too many other things." Other medications, epinephrine. Tiredness! Maybe even some depression, which of course, can be caused by not feeling like doing anything.

We were in the office three hours. I won't complain about the first 30 minutes because we were early. But no one should have to wait for 2 and a half hours for their appointment. I was about ready to climb the walls, and I'm sure my grand fatigue showed in my face and eyes. But my EKG was fine. I learned a little more about the procedure and finally thought to look on YouTube videos for the procedure, which is quite awesome.

We went early enough to stop by Hobby Lobby, which was the first shopping or really any outing I'd had besides doctor office and emergency room... I got some fabric for the back of my little quilt, and some batting, three boxes of pins, a color wheel, a can of spray adhesive and a Studios magazine. I felt like I'd been given $100 to spend in 5 minutes. Which is almost what I spent. We ate at Perkins. It's a prime restaurant for sick and old folks to eat at when they're in the medical area for doctors' visits. So many on walkers, so many walking slower than I am. Bless them, and thankful for the condition my condition is in, which is improving.

My Aunt Polly died Sunday morning and it was imminent, she had been on hospice. Visitation was 5-9 yesterday/last night. Paul and I went to Charlotte's, parked in her drive and he drove us over to the funeral home, just across the street. A short walk, but too long and too hot for me.We stayed about 30 minutes and I got to see a lot of cousins. Aunt Polly had on a dark blue dress, the shade of which is my favorite; in fact my blouse I had on was the color of it. She was so tiny. My dad, her brother, is the last of their generation.

Part of my and Bren's texts this morning:

She:  Glad that u are doing better. And so what if it does take a year? Not what you want, but... It took me st least a year or longer to get even near where I was.

Me: When I first retired I kept feeling as if I was waiting for the next thing the next project-expectation mode... I'm finding I don't have that feeling much any more. I think it's called "living in the present!" I feel calmer inside.

(Most of the time.)

JULY 29 - THE DAY AFTER I WROTE THE ABOVE. HAD A MIGRAINE AT NOON. TOOK MED AND SLEPT 2 HOURS. I GUESS THAT'S LIVING IN THE PRESENT, TOO.

I photoshopped these photos.










No comments: