Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wii!

After much closet cleaning at Amy's yesterday, we took a break and visited our cousin Salinda who lives nearby. Her two sweet grands were there: Amanda and Daniel, whose mothers are sisters. I remember when their moms were that young! So I had my very first hands-on and sight-on with Wii and it was so much fun! Pop-Pop (Richard) is such a good grandpop and so patient with the little ones, and the inexperienced ones - me and Amy! We bowled two games and it was great! I was surprised actually at my score, which was 164 on the second game!

We stayed about four hours and got to see Mike, Amanda's dad, coming to pick her up, and ended up staying till the bowling was over. And Tabitha, Daniel's mom, on her way out for a girls' night out (to see "Eat, Pray, Love," a pre-showing - she liked it). Salinda (Grammy) made BLTs. I love going to their house. It is so home, full of fun and life. The night before Salinda said they had eighteen for potluck (seniors from church), which is something they do either once a month or every Monday night... And yesterday she worked in the clothes closet at their church.
~~~

Amy and I got back home about 7:30 and got busy again with the closet. I have several bags of items for the Women on Mission fall yard sale, another bag for Sher and Melanie, another for some friends of Amy. Yes, Amy definitely needed "permission" to let go of some of these things, but once started, she got really good at it! It's always easier on the one with the stuff to have an objective person there telling you it's okay or that you don't really need that 20-year old T shirt any more...This is before!
~~~

Yesterday we ate at Panera Bread Company for lunch (the mac and cheese is oh, so good!) and stopped by next door at Dinstuhl's (oh, yes!) for some chocolate; today I think we'll have the roast I had cooked in the Crock Pot and brought over. Right now I'm ready for breakfast. It keeps us going... Thank You, Lord, for so many blessings.
~~~

No comments: