Tuesday, June 08, 2010

MORE PRECIOUS THAN RUBIES

When I cleaned out the hutch the other day, many cookbooks were culled, either to go to Amy or to the workshop. This was a keeper..
.

Whoever compiled and assembled this wrote inside the front cover:



"This cookbook is given in cooperation with the 1987 Women's Christian Conference,

'More Precious than Rubies,' held at the Wynne Baptist Church.

"A big thanks goes to all who gave their time and used their hands

to produce this book."

I also came across the folder with the handwritten recipes for the Travelin' Buddies' cookbook we (Jean, Teri, Carol and I) put together in 1996. Jean and Teri working on the coil bindings in Teri's kitchen, the picture Paul made for inside the front cover (and our favorite Willie Nelson song), and the finished cover (my cover, which has been updated through the years showing places we've gad about.)

Gaye Kittrell designed the cover - the little car puttering along with each of us pointing a different direction. "Hmmmmmmmm....."


And this Halloween cake Amy and I made in 1984 for Paul's birthday (October), 26 years ago. It's made from two Bundt pan cakes. I have a picture in some album somewhere of the one I made with Paul in the picture, probably Amy, too. There is a little drawing to the side of the Jack 'o Lantern that Amy drew and naturally I saved it; looks like a girl rabbit with long eyelashes.

Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.

(Proverbs 31:10)

No comments: