Saturday, February 13, 2010

"The Best Emmy Ruth Ever"

Amy and I went to Emmy's birthday party this morning. It was such a fun time for the kids, the sun was bright even though it was pretty nippy outside. Tara and John worked to make it special for her as always, with an enclosed bouncy and a kiddie pool of plastic colored balls for them to play in. We got to see Sol and Rose, Julia, Lucas and other tots and babies we didn't know. Richard and Linda were there and it was great to visit with them. I filled Richard in on As Woodruff Turns, as much as I know any more anyway, not a lot.








Afterward, Amy and I went to Burke's Books, which had moved from Poplar several years ago. And I didn't buy one book! Not one! While I was browsing, she went across the street to House of Mews, a cat adoption place, and looked at the kitties. Her heart is always taken by little cats and dogs, but she said she and her Tommy Cat are just fine.

No comments: