Saturday, August 01, 2009

Decorating via Email on a Quiet Saturday Afternoon

Sister Sher emailed me several pictures from her phone so I could help her decorate her bedroom. She is serendipidous. Last month she'd bought some new sheets (robin's egg blue) and it turned out that was the perfect color to tie all the pieces together. But she plans to have an actual spread and not sheets for the bed cover. She emails, I open the pictures on the laptop, talk to her by cell phone and give her my opinion. It was fun to spend the afternoon "walking" through her house and visiting although we're about 12 hours away from each other now.

Satisfied with her choices, she was going to buy herself a chocolate birthday cake. (It's Tuesday.)

Paul went to Walmart this afternoon and stocked up on M&Ms. I'd asked for a big bag of each kind and he got the Giant Bag of each - plain and peanut. He will curtail his chocolate appetite much better than I will, but they should last a while.

I showered and washed my hair, and other than putting the stool in the tub, did everything all by myself. It's scary navigating in a wet bathroom, though, so it takes a while and I'm careful. The warm water on my hurt leg felt really good, but my foot turned almost purple. Why? Maybe the nerve stimulation, the water, or just having it down that long. A couple of hours later it was burning pretty bad so I took half of a pain pill. It feels "tight" - the skin as well as the mechanics of just moving it around a little. The top of my foot feels like plastic. Part of the nerve injury and surgery, too, I suppose.

Still eating Betty Ransom's wonderful pecan sandy cookies she brought the other day. They're so good. Nice dessert after the grilled burgers Paul made for early supper.

No comments: