Friday, July 31, 2009

Another Week

Amy's been here a couple of days and sure has been a lot of company. We watched the last hour of "50 First Dates" last night, two nights after I had watched it. In keeping with the movie's story, I cried the second time as if I had not seen it two days earlier! I've also taped "The Bishop's Wife" (Cary Grant/Loretta Young/David Niven) but haven't watched it yet; think I got about half of it, too. (I don't check the guide ahead of time.) I love the settings of the old b/w movies and the use of lights. Oh, and "The Shop Around the Corner" - another older version from which "You've Got Mail" was made. That was a DVD I had, though.

The morning programs I watch are Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Everyday Life, and Discovery HD Theater's Sunrise Earth. Nothing in particular other than those two unless I find a good old movie. I've been reading Alan Bradley's The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, which is reminiscent of those wonderful adolescent books I read when I was a kid. Full of great narrative, great sense of place, character, discovery, charm and mystery.

Sleep comes late - by the end of the day my foot/leg has pretty much had it and some of it I'm sure is the sciatic nerve creating all kinds of static there. Last night it was almost 2 a.m. before I went sound to sleep and this morning slept later than any day - 10:30! But it's overall so much better. I've used the walker since first of the week and my hands are a little sore from the pressure, but oh, well, it's always something, as Roseann Roseanadana would say.

Paul used our Colby's gift certificate last night for supper and we ate in the living room with Oscar hopful for any little handout. Was so nice being together - Paul mentioned the name of one of the mayors (Jonesboro) he'd seen Wed/Thurs and Amy said he was the father of one of her good friends from college. By this afternoon, after talking with Mr. Paron, Amy had Melissa's phone number, so they'll probably be in touch. Of course, they also talked about the funeral home/mortuary business and Amy's work last week.

We have a laptop now and it's really come in handy not having to get up to hobble to the den. The internet seems a bit unstable but the technician is coming this afternoon to see what that's about.

No comments: