Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Being Cared For

Since Tina moved, I'd told Amy of my great loss, and she volunteered to clean house for me Monday. Not only did she clean house, but she cooked supper - her specialty: stuffed bell peppers, along with corn bread and squash! Was it ever nice to come home to a clean house and supper! Felt really good.

When she went home, she forgot her phone charger and came back for it today. I'd asked her to get Cloth, Paper, Scissors special "Studio" edition and she forgot it Monday. She stopped at the office and dropped that off, then came on home to get her charger. And she left brownies and cream cheese frosting in the fridge! I could really get used to that.

At work, Michael will continue training in my job. The late summer/early fall projects are on the horizon and I went over some of those with him this afternoon. Matt assured me that they were glad I'm helping them in IT. I've learned a lot and have enjoyed being there. Hopefully, I've kept good notes back in "my" office and Michael will be able to follow through with some of the projects, and I'll be nearby to answer questions. I've felt a relief I didn't expect that someone else will also know my job and do it well.

Bren emailed me early Monday morning that her oldest grandson Austin had accepted Christ during VBS recently and he made his profession of faith Sunday. Her cup overfloweth, she said. Austin's mother Cindy, Bren's dil, also will be baptised along with her son this Sunday; she was saved, but had been a member of Methodist church, therefore will be baptised. Whitfield Hill is celebrating! Bren wrote Austin a letter, which she emailed me to read - it was wonderful - from a grandma's heart full of love for her first grandson and full of gratitude to their Savior. I told her the only thing she should consider doing is handwriting it. She said Mary Jane (daughter) told her the same thing about a grandmother's book she was doing! No typed and stuck on labels, please! (Bren says MJ is really my child, that MJ and Amy got switched.) I sent Austin a "new Christian" card today. (Picture: Austin holding Alex, Andrew)

So, Bren's big hill and valley, and my little city lot - both blessed and we are so cared for.

No comments: