Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday

Hopefully I will not have to take any more time off for a while, at least until I have some time built back up!! But Monday so far has gone by very fast, with me showing Michael some more of my job.

Saturday we were at Amy's and helped her with some things. She's feeling better every day and we can tell a huge difference. Saturday we ran some errands and helped her do some much needed shopping and only cleaned out a laundry shelf where liquid detergent had spilled. Paul repaired her coffee table leg. It's on rollers and is a really heavy table, so when it was rolled on the carpet, the leg pulled away from the shelf. He put a bracket on it to hold it. We left her house around 7:00 and were home by 8:30.

Yesterday I went to Sunday School only, and in the evening went to Mazzio's at 5:00 and met with other SS class members for an "all-church/SS classes" fellowship. I left there early and Paul and I went to his teacher's home for their fellowship. There were probably 8 couples there, only one couple wasn't there. We had potluck dishes and ate on their deck. I was glad I'd taken an extra jacket because it was cool. After we ate, the ladies all convened indoors in the living room and then the men came inside too. Talmadge and Barbara Doss were great host/hostess and so very sweet and concerned. I've gotten to know Barbara better over the years and she's become a really good friend.

Talked to Amy and Jean B earlier in the day. I haven't seen Jean in a while, we haven't done our usual Friday night suppers lately. We need to catch up and I think the girls need to have a Saturday brunch. Charlene's birthday is coming soon and maybe we can plan for that.

Love being with Amy and doing things with her and so glad she's feeling better. Her neighborhood and shopping area is nice and I can walk Oscar (it is a little trafficky on one side of her circle), but it's quiet and old and shady. Target is nearby as are grocery stores, restaurants and of course, Davis-Kidd bookstore. We really haven't been there much and not long at that. Just good being with her.

Norma's birthday is the 20th and I need to bake her cake. First I have to buy eggs, which I forgot to get this weekend.

Bren's surgery is tomorrow; I talked to her on the way to work and she had to go for pre-op work this morning in Tupelo. Will check-in tomorrow morning and then afterward will be off for several weeks. Wish I could be there, but she knows I do...

No comments: