Saturday, September 06, 2008

Going Online

Bren asked me today:"Do sun-dried sheets bother you?"
I haven't had sun-dried sheets since we took our clothesline down when we had the patio poured. I think I'm fine with them - I know I love them, but sometimes the allergens will hinder simple pleasures. I can't see that they'd be any more allergen-bearing than Oscar is, bringing the outdoors back inside with him. Sher loves sun-dried sheets and when I told her this evening, first thing she said was, "I want to see her clothesline, what kind she has." (She wants to put one up at her house.) What kind of clothesline? Do they come in models? I guess so - the regular kind, strung between two poles like we had, or the reel-in kind that are out of sight when not in use. There are probably even more high-tech ones now. The only thing I could really think of I know Bren has that I just can't handle is candles and she already knew that. I love candles, but they don't love me. With them, I'm like Teri was with flowers - just a whiff of them and I begin to tear up, sinuses stop up, get a scratchy throat almost immediately. But sheets just brought in from sunning all day, spread fresh upon a bed, snuggling into that clean scent - knowing you're surrounded by God's air and sunshine - makes for such a good night's sleep.
Maybe that's what I need - a clothesline. Then I wouldn't be up at 3:00 A.M. typing this.

1 comment:

YASPOWER said...

Great blog with nice pictures.

For more links to technology/sports, pls visit www.yasthirah.com

For more links to soccer, pls visit http://aptconnections.blogspot.com/