Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stepping Up

Last night I went to the first night of the "Stepping Up" Bible study written by Beth Moore. I've attended and done workbooks on many of hers before and have always been blessed with the studies. There were about 30-35 women in ours alone, with another study across the hall (Priscilla Shirer's "Discerning the Voice of God") and a book club (Hinds' Feet on High Places). Gina Clegg is our Women's Ministry director and does a really great job.

I'll miss the September 11 Ladies' Night Out (I'll be in Iuka with Bren). But the "Glorious Gift of Christmas" will be December 1 and 2. There will also be a support group begun October 2 and continuing every first Thursday evening of each month (6:30 - 8:00). Anyone interested, call our church 238-3271 or Gina at 870-261-5907. Many things going on to minister to women.

Speaking of which. I've been nudged several times about AWANAS - just even being a listener. Today Jennifer sent me a picture of her daughter Amanda in her little Cubbies vest and she was so proud of it. She's not 4, and already had memorized three Bible verses. Amanda looks as thought she has a halo, too! Debra T left our study at 7:00 to be a listener or support person and only missed 20 minutes of our class time/video. Maybe I'll check into that.We have a whole lot of little kids who come to AWANAS, and that's great, but they need workers, and surely I can "listen!" Could this be a Step Up?

Paul was sick last night with a really bad cold. We had some cold medicine but I went to Wal-Mart and got another box. It was the only thing I bought and did the self-check, and a WM employee had to okay the transaction, because it was cold medicine and she had to verify that I was over 17. (I told her I wasn't - and she laughed!) But Paul was better this morning. I just read his blog and sounds like he worked really hard today. I did, too. We've already eaten at Colby's (Tuesday), so I don't know if I can get away with not cooking again tonight.
Had email from Kirk O and he was forecasting the Hogs' year; very funny email with pictures of the Razorback cousins from where he is on the mission field. We can't forward his emails to anyone, but if we send him our email addresses he can update us.

No comments: