Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mamma Mia

Last night Norma, Jean, Carol, Charlene and I went to see Mamma Mia at the Wynne Twin. I always liked the ABBA music but couldn't have told you one other song besides the title one, until we heard so many of them in the movie. It was a good movie and fun being on a girls' night out! Reminded us that the more mature people can still have a fun time, even it it's just sitting in a movie seat keeping time to the music. (Teri would have been dancing in the aisle!) What I really liked, besides the music, Meryl Streep and her crazy friends, Pierce Brosnan and the other leading men, and the energy!, was the gorgeous setting - on a Greek Island. But those stairs to the Villa and to the chapel! Now that took some stamina, if in fact they did run up and down them as it appeared they did! (I just learned recently that dancers often stood on little motorized "stages" that made them seem to glide effortlessly around the floor. I saw one of the old Astaire/Rogers movies recently and there were no props there, just their talent and hard work!) Their choreographed numbers reminded me, I told Jean, of the TBs' Christmas dress-up at Joy's one year, when we all put on rummage sale prom dresses that Mature Shopper found for us and silly hats. We also performed oldies onstate in John's studio! Wouldn't you like to see those wonderful snapshots? I'll see if I can't find them... Oh, I did find them! Forgive me, girls.


I need to get out more.

No comments: