Saturday, March 29, 2008

Who Thought This Up?

On second thought, maybe I should have just let things alone. I have gotten rid of a whole shelf of books, no it looks like two, actually! and there are books still everywhere! I made room for 13 plastic box containers of mostly shoebox size. But it does feel good to get rid of books I got off the quarter table at the library and recycle them again, especially since I never read them anyway. Once I get to the full-price books, that will be another matter and will hurt more. I keep asking myself, which would you rather have, a quasi-studio or a bunch of dusty unread books taking up space? So out goes another book or six. And then there is that whole bottom shelf of old LPs that I don't want to get rid of. Will they warp if I store them in the garage?

Sher called and said, "I need you here." I said, "I need you here!" I probably would have benefited more from being where she had been - at the acupuncturist's. But no, getting rid of books is painful enough.

Maybe watching the cat watch the rain isn't such a bad idea. It doesn't require near as much effort.

No comments: