Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Paul had the sweetest card waiting for me this morning on the table where I usually sit and have my coffee and breakfast, if I have time to sit down.

So, Honey, Happy Valentine's Day to you. Thank you for all you do for me, for all the ways you spoil me, for being such a great dad to Amy, for your leadership abilities, for walking Oscar in the cold, for your patience, for fixing things, for pride in our home and loving the yard work you do, for doing laundry, for never complaining about some of the disastrous meals I've made, for lifting and carrying things, sometimes even the emotional weight of life, for always being there for me, for your intelligence and wonderful memory, for your love of God. You always have the balance I need, the logical insight and the stability of practicality. I know you have such a soft and sweet heart and it shows in everything you do.

I thank God every day for this wonderful life partner - my husband, my friend, my support, my love.

No comments: