Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Richard's Mother

Richard's mother died yesterday afternoon. She would have been 90 next month, the 16th I believe. Her funeral will be Thursday and visitation tomorrow night in Beebe, AR. I'm sure we'll go to visitation, but we'll be in Jonesboro Thursday.

I wrote just this weekend that she and her sewing group had quilted Mama's quilt for me. She was a really good seamstress. I know she made many of Tara's clothes when she was little, and quilted more than one quilt for her. One quilt was the friendship/senior quilt we helped Teri embroider for Tara's graduation. Another was of Tara's sorority T's, pieced together. She may have done a quilt for Neall, but I don't remember helping to work on it. (Did we, Jean?)

Teri always took such good care of her, just as she did her own mother. Richard faithfully visited and took care of her as did her grandchildren. She was a very sweet lady and Heaven will be richer for God having taken her home.

No comments: