Friday, June 29, 2007

Anyone Need a Mortician?

At least two businesses do, because My Daughter the Mortician is on her way for the first interview. She stopped by my office because it was easy to access our ladie's room for a pit stop on the way. Quick hug, kiss and she was off in thirty seconds. She's meeting Mr. G. at 11:00 in Star City, then going to one of four or six FH's he owns, I don't have these locations all quite straight, for a tour/interview/look-around. This job would require a move for her - a major move. (I counted the number of moves she has made since she left for college and it is ten! Ten times with increased amounts of furniture, memorabilia and pets!) This would require her selling her house, a major culture shock (from Memphis to a town with population of around 2,000), and being three hours away instead of half that. Away from us, I mean.

The other interview has yet to be scheduled and it will require a trip to Little Rock, probably sometime next week. This particular position would be around 30-45 minutes away from her home in Memphis and everything would stay pretty stable - no selling of house, no packing, no moving dogs and cats.

But I'm just doing my job by praying. We have prayed for this for a loooong time, and Paul seems to be handling the emotional support part of it just fine right now. I'm leaving this with God, where He wants her and what is best for her. There's no advice I haven't already given (and probably too much of that), nothing I can do to "make" either one of these situations work for her. Paul is much more level-headed about this and I get too hyped up about it, so I'm laying low and just waiting to see who needs this wonderful mortician to work for them. She will do anyone a wonderful job, this is her "calling," and she's worked very hard for the last three years to reach this place in her life. It is finally coming down to interviews. Of course, neither may think she would fit their establishments; of course, I think she would be great anywhere. But we have to just take it one day, one interview at a time.

No comments: