Tuesday, March 06, 2012

BIRTHDAY

Today is my birthday. I have always loved this picture of me at age two. I can imagine how happy Mama and Grandma (Mama/Goobie) were when they dressed me up in this really pink outfit! It was probably touched up, and even my fat little cheeks were rosy. I've just noticed how I favor Aunt Shirley  - Mama's youngest sister. I wonder if this is the only pose they did? I don't look like I may have cried or been upset. Mama used to take me to the old Kress five and dime in downtown Memphis, where she worked, and sit me on the counter for everyone to ooooh and ahhhh over. I must have been a cuddle-bug. It's just sweet to look back at total innocence and imagine that day. And I'm thankful for the sixty-two years since then!
I had so many birthday wishes on Facebook, and sweet cards in the mail...

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: