Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ENG TRAUMA

First of all, the Bible says,  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14)

Second, no one part of your body dysfunctions without all the rest following in some way.

Third, if you have to have an ENG, hold on tight, literally; it will be over soon.

I drove myself to Jonesboro, no big deal, although I was a bit nervous as usual about any test. I intend to seriously talk to Dr. Smith about cautioning patients to have a driver go with them when having this done.  Paul had to come after me.

The first two parts weren't terribly bad.  The third part with the air-blowing-in-the-ears had me begging for the tech to stop.  She couldn't - there wouldn't be any results and I'd have to start over... I don't know if this procedure would send a "normal" person to the moon, but I can't see how it would not affect anyone somewhat. Added to the tilt-a-whirl ride in the test room, all the excitement had my medically regulated heart doing wild flip-flops. Plus a little hot flash thrown in there. And you don't get to eat for four hours prior, so I was from 7:00 a.m. to when I could stomach some crackers without food.

Last night I was afraid to turn my head for the first part of the night, but all had settled down for the most part and I wasn't sick any more. The couple of times I woke up I did see weird lights and shapes. This morning my ears feel, well, kind of like an earache, though not too bad. Just where the cool and hot air blew for a minute each in each one...  Just

I won't know any results until next week sometime. I sure hope this reveals my problem.  'Cause I don't intend to have this done again. Ever. Not for all the balanced budgets in the USA.  Sorry if I have scared anyone off from having this done - "just saying." It might not affect anyone else this way.

(Thanks to Lynn for driving Paul's truck so Paul could drive mine home. And thanks to my wonderful husband for coming after me - as my sister said, "You have a good ol' guy." Yes, I do.)

Now on to brighter things today, like vacuuming. I should go to Bible study, but I just want to be home...



No comments: