Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Beautified

The trip to the beauty shop did a lot to lift my spirits if not my bedraggled hair. Thankfully there was a vacant spot in front of Hairjazz and I didn't have far to walk. The curb was the greatest hurdle and it wasn't so high I couldn't hop up on it with one foot. Paul was right there for support, too. Marcie did a great job I think. She and Tanna were so sweet - getting their rolling office chair and rolling me to the sink, dryer. When we got home, the one little step at the back door was almost my undoing. It was no higher than the street curb I'd hopped up on not 2 hours before. I felt like Tony Stewart trying to get on the escalator (commercial). I finally did the hop and got in the house.

Friend Brenda was in her garden, got her feet tangled in some vines and almost went to the ground. I caution her to be careful, as mothers and friends do their children and buddies, and we are careful - how many times have I looked over my trifocals to be sure my feet are where they're suposed to be or that I'm stepping high enough, or that the dark spot on the parking lot is not black ice, but just water? - but falling happens so fast. Bren was okay, but there she was alone at home and without her cell phone (which doesn't work where she lives anyway). Lord, protect your aging ladies, that we may do so with all our bones intact.

No comments: