Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Up and About - Some

Shelby came by and picked up her roast pan and some other dishes from the meal Sunday. (She is making roast and veggies for Wanda Smith tonight. Wanda had surgery last week and is doing fine.)Jean called to see if I needed anything from Wal-Mart (and I don't think I mentioned the ham stew she brought last week that was good!). Carolyn Henley from work called and we got caught up on a number of things.

I've been up longer today than I usually am. When Shelby came, I had unlocked the back door beforehand, and had gotten Oscar up in my lap so she could get her dishes. Did some banking online, wrote Bren email. Just trying to stay up and upright a little longer.

I told brother Mike Sunday that if you had to choose something to break never choose a leg! He broke his arm back in December and had that awful brace screwed in place on the outside. With a leg out of commission, you can't carry things. If I have anything to carry, like my cell phone, which I don't leave the couch without, it's in my pocket; or papers are stuffed in my waistband. When I get back to my "nest" I'm going to put Amy's walker pocket on the walker so I'll have a little pouch to put things in. The crutches hurt my arms and back yesterday, spasms, so I'm using the walker now.

It rained last night and is cloudy now. A pretty wet/green day.

Amy's coming tomorrow to spend the night while Paul goes to a meeting in Searcy.

No comments: