Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One Thing Leads to Another...

OCD kicks in and... oh well, I may have to wait until next year to fill in the line of azaleas with the colors I wanted (Pink Ruffle seems to be a very popular color), and plans change because of roots, and now how do I keep Oscar from "using" the rosebushes?? I think the hostas that Paul separated and I set out between the azaleas are going to be okay; they seemed perky enough yesterday when I checked. (The original plants came from Teri's yard.)

Saturday Paul and I found out pretty fast that we don't want $16 azaleas that are full-grown and ready for a "curb appeal" garden. Wal-Mart azaleas are just fine. They're small but they'll grow. We did get a white dogwood and a red (dark pink?) one to see if they'll make it. This week I've added to the greenery with ferns and the yard is looking pretty gardeny. It was an all day affair Saturday, going to Memphis, Trip's (quick "trip" there, for sure), Lowe's, Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart. After we ate at Corky's BBQ we headed home and started digging. We got everything planted and had to change our plans for the ash tree - its roots are too numerous to dig holes for plants anywhere around it. So all the azaleas went out by the fence. I cleaned out the birdbath and it is staying beneath the ash.

I have a new shepherd's crook waiting for another wind chime, one like I got Sher for Christmas last year - bamboo. I'll order it this week. There is one more - called Tuscany, but I'll have to wait till later for that one. A pretty symphony of chimes.

All the dirt, mold, floral perfumes, and exercise heat, cooled off by actually digging holes, brought on allergies and/or a cold. I've been spraying the Flonase and gargling warm salt water. It's been cool every morning so I know I'd better enjoy this because in a month or so it will be frying hot.

Pink dogwood in the foreground; white one back in the corner.

Maybe some mulch? Oh, and the rock border...

No comments: