Sunday, March 02, 2008

Serendipitous Epiphanies

Yesterday morning my clock radio went off at 5:30 because I'd forgotten to turn the alarm off for Saturday. The song that was playing was "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. Yesterday was 6 months since Mama died. "Angel" is one of the songs we played at her funeral.

I walked Oscar to the Primary School yesterday and found these two things: A tiny cross stamp and a small rubber ball. I put the date on the ball, wrapped it in foil and put it in my Marble Bowl for yesterday's Marble.

Today has been a beautiful Sunday, about 75 degrees outside. Six months ago was also on a Sunday, the night after Mama died and it was a beautiful day. We drove (I followed Sher) from Tupelo to Iuka via the Natchez Trace, a slow, reflective drive with no commercial distractions, no towns to slow down through, no billboards or highway signs, no traffic signals. Just us and memories of Mama.

No comments: