Friday, February 02, 2007

Snow

It snowed sometime in the night and Oscar seemed to know something was up, or down, as it were, and started barking, gruffing, I call it, around 3:00 A.M. I finally got up after repeatedly telling him to shush, and looked out the patio door. Blanket of white, about two inches. He was disturbed by it until we finally got up this morning.

The snow was pretty, though I don't like driving on it. I got my camera, Oscar on his leash, and a poop bag and we walked halfway around the block before he did his business. He seemed to enjoy the snow and trotted right through it. I think he was a little confused at first not being able to find a grassy spot to go, but he finally managed. I always worry about his little feet getting cold, but they don't feel that cold once we're back inside. I guess dogs' paws have some sort of insulation. I know my paws sure don't!

Joe's house looked like a Christmas card - he was standing outside when we got back and I snapped a couple of pictures. I told him I'd get him some prints, which I did at work this morning. The sun was rising and Oscar and I had walked toward the east; there was a fog and a rosy glow behind it and the snow .The picture of the gate reminds me of some of the pictures in Sitting By My Laughing Fire, by Ruth Bell Graham (poems).

It wasn't as beaten off the highway as I'd thought and so I was a little late getting to work. It was still pretty icy most of the way. Ossie is cooking white beans; there was more ham and biscuits this morning. Carolyn is going to make Mexican cornbread for lunch.

Tonight we still plan to meet at Tara's. She is 6 days away from her delivery date, and I think she is hoping one week from today, which is Teri and Richard's anniversary... Tuesday or Wednesday she was dilated and effaced some, so Emmy Ruth is getting ready to be with us!

No comments: