Tuesday, June 20, 2006


Still Missing You

Last Thursday was five months since you left us.

I dream about you so often. Once you had on a periwinkle blue capri outfit; once we hugged; once you were just "there," suddenly, as if you knew I needed to see your face close-up and dear.

I think about you every day. Two weeks ago in Sunday School, studying about Job's wrecked life and his friends' advice and "comfort" to him, I cried, along with others who had memories of life being unfair. Today I heard the Beach Boys singing "Kokomo" on the radio, and thought of our wonderful days on the coast, vacationing together. Tara and John, their friends Tara and Jorge, are going to Gulf Shores July 4 weekend. Neall and Becca and some of their friends went to Hilton Head last week. I hope these are traditions they start and keep going, and hold their friendships dear, because the years fly. I hope their children will grow up close, grow up remembering great times together, knowing their Ya-Ya and dear friends' mother was so full of fun and ready to go to the beach or anywhere else at the drop of a hat. (A Red Hat at that!)

I wish you could see Oscar. I wish you could see how happy I am to have him, how happy he has made me. He's been so good for me. He makes me laugh, and I can cuddle him, pet him, play with him, be a kid with him. But I'm sure you can see him...

...and can see all the ways we go on with our lives, trying our best, remembering how short life is, and how dear friendship is.

No comments: