Wednesday, May 31, 2006

One Of Those Prayers

You know those prayers that are just "breathed" and you are not conscious of actually being in a prayerful state? More like wishful thinking?

Well, I just had one of those answered.

I'm getting a dog! He's an 18-month old Shih Tzu and his name is Oscar, or Oscer. I have only seen him once, and have not seen his papers. Not that papers are important because he has been neutered and I don't plan to register him. He needs a home, and I need a dog.

I've wanted a dog for a long, long time, and Paul would never agree to it. When this one became available, I asked once again, emailed a picture of O to his office and he replied, "OK." Simple as that. Oscar has been housebroken, kennel-trained, had shots, been kept up-to-date on flea/heart worm meds, and is a sweetie. His "grandmother" (his owner's mother with whom I work, although she's at another office), brought him by this office yesterday, and with all the people petting, cooing and ahhing over him, I would have snapped, too. He did once. But Beck said he was fine last night at her house.

Beck's dad had taken him for a trial stay at his house, but that didn't work out. So that pretty much left me. (Richard was willing to take him, but was glad that I wanted him!) So Paul and I are the new "parents!"

However, I'm not sure what Oscar's cat-sister will think of him. Not much, I'm afraid!

Thank You, God, for this opportunity to liven up our lives a bit, give a dog a home, and just have a little fun!

No comments: